Established in 2011, Growth & Opportunities! (GO!) is a vibrant and dynamic committee that focuses on social-entrepreneurial and developmental projects of NTU Welfare Services Club (WSC). As the exploratory arm of WSC, besides actively seeking sponsorship to support our volunteering activities, we also explore new avenues of growth by spearheading new social initiatives every year to further develop WSC’s capabilities, and organise annual events such as Social Impact Week.
The three key objectives of GO! are to:
1. Spread awareness of social causes and promote spirit of volunteerism to NTU student population.
2. Explore new opportunities for WSC to grow / Support new causes outside the current boundaries of WSC.
3. Facilitate collaborations with other organisations and clubs within and outside of NTU.
1. Ideathon – a social ideathon organised to encourage youths to come up with innovative solutions to different social issues plaguing our society and pitch these ideas to a panel of judges. Winning teams may even get the opportunity to turn their ideas into reality!
2. Social Impact Week – GO! organises an annual two-day long carnival where we invite other WSC portfolios, NTU CCAs and social service organisations to share volunteering opportunities and experiences with the NTU community! Exciting fringe activities are organised to raise awareness of different social causes.
3. GO! Initiative – GO! Initiative explores new social causes that may be of concern to the student population and creates awareness of them through organising interesting events and activities!
4. GO! Green – GO! Green promotes environmental sustainability by encouraging the NTU community to adopt more environmentally friendly practices. This is done through a collaboration with The Food Bank Singapore to collect excess food around the campus for redistribution to its beneficiary organisations as well as initiatives such as BagWagon@NTU, where we cultivate the culture of sharing reusable bags in NTU!
For more information kindly visit: NTU Welfare Services Club